“Once a little boy sent me a charming card with a little drawing on it. I loved it. I answer all my children’s letters — sometimes very hastily — but this one I lingered over. I sent him a card and I drew a picture of a Wild Thing on it. I wrote, “Dear Jim: I loved your card.” Then I got a letter back from his mother and she said, “Jim loved your card so much he ate it.” That to me was one of the highest compliments I’ve ever received. He didn’t care that it was an original Maurice Sendak drawing or anything. He saw it, he loved it, he ate it.”—
sarah i know you got somethin for me. dean? jenny? chris cheung i know you have to.
lay em on me.
1. not being allowed (ahem, asked) to drive the big boss’ truck to the shop because I’m a girl.
2. big boss upon being offered homemade baklava: “baklava? baklava?! if those greeks baked cookies instead of baklava they wouldn’t be blowing each other up.”
WHAT in the WHAT.
3. REWARDING a 50+ year old person with COOKIES for doing his/her job.
WHAT in the WHAT 2.0.
4. “I gotta leave out the back a little early because I don’t want to be overrun by the gay liberation front.”
4. errands ERRANDS errands ERRANDS.
5. asshole coworker who was still a bitch to me the Monday after my gran died.
6. feeling obligated to drop off a professor’s late (her fault) package at the off-campus post office, thus making me have to sit through the red light a block from my apartment…and then get t-boned when I started to drive through the intersection when the light turned green. (a bit farfetched to blame her, but STILL. a BLOCK from my apartment. RIP little green grasshopper)